中国DOS联盟论坛

China DOS Union

-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --
Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union
中国DOS联盟论坛
The time now is 2026-10-01 06:51
47,813 topics / 349,918 posts / today 0 new / 48,279 members
DOS学习入门 & 精彩文章 (教学室) » The most stable one among partition software is FDISK!?
Printable Version  3,732 / 16
Floor1 walu Posted 2004-02-28 00:00
高级用户 Posts 201 Credits 916
Some people say that after partitioning the hard disk with PQmagic, DM, DISKGEN, etc., when there is a large amount of data in the partition, various compatibility problems will occur. Only using Microsoft's FDISK will not have such situations. But as far as I know, FDISK partitions very slowly because it performs a surface check of the hard disk, while other software skips this check and is much faster. In fact, for a new hard disk, there is no need for a surface check.

Everyone, based on your own practice, tell us whether it is really only FDISK partitioning that is stable?
Floor2 defrag Posted 2004-11-21 00:00
中级用户 Posts 570 Credits 456
fdisk is said to be for partition detection, but it's overwriting data clusters
Floor3 defrag Posted 2004-11-21 00:00
中级用户 Posts 570 Credits 456
Still, fdisk and gdisk are relatively stable
Floor4 cn_archer Posted 2004-11-22 00:00
元老会员 Posts 991 Credits 2,903 From 福建省
New hard drives, I use DM or PQ. For problematic hard drives, I also use DM or PQ. The several hard drives I encountered, FDISK simply couldn't partition them. After using DM or PQ to ignore the bad sector check and then partition, they can still be used somewhat.
Floor5 yvhihdhq Posted 2004-11-24 00:00
初级用户 Posts 16 Credits 190
It is best to use fdisk to partition a new hard disk
Floor6 cn_archer Posted 2004-11-25 00:00
元老会员 Posts 991 Credits 2,903 From 福建省
Generally speaking, when I buy a new hard drive, I will get a detection tool of that brand of hard drive to check for bad sectors. Need I say more if there are bad sectors? It doesn't matter what software I use to partition if there are no bad sectors. But FDISK is really too slow, especially when partitioning a 250G hard drive...
Floor7 bush Posted 2004-11-27 00:00
银牌会员 Posts 730 Credits 2,165
My view is also: For a new hard drive, use fdisk; for problematic ones, use: DG, DM
Floor8 defrag Posted 2004-12-19 00:00
中级用户 Posts 570 Credits 456
The following is a quote from cn_archer's post on 2004-11-22 10:36:10:

New hard drive, I use DM or PQ.
For problematic hard drives, I also use DM or PQ. I encountered several hard drives where FDISK simply couldn't partition them. After using DM or PQ to ignore bad sector checks and then partitioning, they can still be used temporarily.


FDISK /ACTOK
Floor9 qingfengxvlai Posted 2005-01-11 00:00
初级用户 Posts 6 Credits 114
The following is the statement made by cn_archer on November 22, 2004 at 10:36:10:

For a new hard drive, I use DM or PQ.
For a problematic hard drive, I also use DM or PQ. I have encountered several hard drives where FDISK simply cannot partition them. After ignoring the bad sector check and partitioning with DM or PQ, they can still be used for the time being.
Floor10 sanmou Posted 2005-01-16 00:00
初级用户 Posts 3 Credits 106
The following is the speech of cn_archer on 2004-11-25 0:53:20:

Generally speaking, when I buy a new hard drive, I will get a detection tool of that brand of hard drive to check if there are bad sectors. If there are bad sectors, there is no need to say more.
If there are no bad sectors, it doesn't matter which software is used for partitioning.
But FDISK is really too slow, especially when partitioning a 250G hard drive...


Yes. For example, Seagate uses Seatools, and IBM uses DFT for detection. Then use DM for quick partitioning, and then install Windows into the system for formatting. For systems like 2000, XP, etc., it is best to directly use their partitioning and formatting functions.
Floor11 97040240 Posted 2005-01-26 00:00
初级用户 Posts 7 Credits 128
If it's FDisk for a new hard disk. If the hard disk has data, I think Partition Magic is the best
Floor12 simson2010 Posted 2005-01-28 00:00
初级用户 Posts 2 Credits 104
160G~{5DS2EL#,SC~}XP~{9bFt#,R27V2;AK#,V;HO3v~}137G~{#,~}~{UbJGJ2C4T-Rr#?~}
Floor13 liuxishu Posted 2005-01-29 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 102
Using FDISK is really cool
Floor14 DOSforever Posted 2005-01-30 00:00
金牌会员 Posts 2,239 Credits 4,639
The following is a quote from defrag's post on December 19, 2004 at 18:57:34:
>

FDISK /ACTOK


Some materials say that this parameter allows FDISK to skip disk checking, which can speed up the partitioning speed, similar to the quick format of DM. But I have tried many times and it is still ineffective. The percentage still jumps slowly, the same as when not using this parameter.
In the past, I was also a firm user of FDISK. I always felt that the partitions divided by it were "pure" a bit. Seeing that some third-party partitioning software can divide a hard drive so quickly, I always feel a little "hastily done" and uneasy. But as the hard drive capacity continues to increase, I no longer have the patience to use FDISK. Moreover, if you want to install multiple operating systems, FDISK cannot meet certain specific requirements.
Floor15 zjnbwdj Posted 2006-04-15 22:40
中级用户 Posts 137 Credits 300
SFDISK... Why doesn't anyone talk about it? I've been using it to partition, it's fast, intuitive, and has high space utilization. Unlike FDISK, which leaves remaining space after partitioning. SFDISK allows multiple primary partitions, while FDISK only allows one primary partition.
1 2  Next
[ Contact the Union admin team - 中国DOS联盟 - Standard version ]
Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023