中国DOS联盟论坛

China DOS Union

-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --
Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union
中国DOS联盟论坛
The time now is 2026-10-01 11:32
47,813 topics / 349,918 posts / today 0 new / 48,279 members
DOS学习入门 & 精彩文章 (教学室) » [Share] Explanation of the Configuration File of the config System
Printable Version  33,047 / 243
Floor91 zhaolj1983 Posted 2003-06-22 00:00
初级用户 Posts 5 Credits 125
Learning from an expert~!
Floor92 k0359 Posted 2003-06-23 00:00
初级用户 Posts 3 Credits 117
So profound.
Floor93 liu-y-l Posted 2003-06-23 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 106
Nice
Floor94 anson Posted 2003-06-23 00:00
初级用户 Posts 66 Credits 321

menuitem=SETUP_CD, Start Windows 98 Setup from CD-ROM.
menuitem=CD, Start computer with CD-ROM support.
menuitem=NOCD, Start computer without CD-ROM support.
menudefault=SETUP_CD,30
menucolor=7,0


device=himem.sys /testmemff
device=oakcdrom.sys /Demcd001
device=btdosm.sys
device=flashpt.sys
device=btcdrom.sys /Demcd001
device=aspi2dos.sys
device=aspi8dos.sys
device=aspi4dos.sys
device=aspi8u2.sys
device=aspicd.sys /Demcd001


device=himem.sys /testmemff
device=oakcdrom.sys /Demcd001
device=btdosm.sys
device=flashpt.sys
device=btcdrom.sys /Demcd001
device=aspi2dos.sys
device=aspi8dos.sys
device=aspi4dos.sys
device=aspi8u2.sys
device=aspicd.sys /Demcd001


device=himem.sys /testmemff


files=60
buffers=20
dos=high,umb
stacks=9,256
lastdrive=z

Can you explain the config.sys above?
Floor95 zghnxy911 Posted 2003-06-24 00:00
初级用户 Posts 35 Credits 189
I saw a line in config.sys on a 98 boot disk:
devicehigh=ramdrive.sys /E 2048
But on some other 98 boot disks, this line in config.sys is instead:
devicehigh=ramdrive.sys /E 2048 512 112
What does each of them mean? What do the parameters afterward mean? Please explain.
Thanks thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Floor96 如是大师 Posted 2003-06-25 00:00
元老会员 Posts 3,351 Credits 9,654 From 湖北
Don’t panic, post #94. After I finish writing the whole thing, there will be concrete examples and explanations. If you have any config file problems that urgently need solving, please go to the config diagnosis clinic and make a post.
As for post #95, this is the amount of memory used by the virtual disk.
Floor97 风 Posted 2003-06-26 00:00
初级用户 Posts 3 Credits 114
Written extremely well.
Floor98 zghnxy911 Posted 2003-06-27 00:00
初级用户 Posts 35 Credits 189
Could you explain specifically to post #95 what that means?
Floor99 shenla Posted 2003-06-27 00:00
初级用户 Posts 3 Credits 117
Reading this makes my head spin, it’s really hard to learn!
Floor100 win2020 Posted 2003-06-29 00:00
初级用户 Posts 3 Credits 117
I’m confused~~ Reading it piece by piece makes me dizzy~~~`
Floor101 慕白 Posted 2003-06-29 00:00
高级用户 Posts 115 Credits 617
Master, please continue~~~
Floor102 我的坏蛋 Posted 2003-06-29 00:00
初级用户 Posts 5 Credits 115
Pretty good, could you post more? It’s too slow. It’s enough to make people anxious. Thanks.
Floor103 steven101 Posted 2003-06-30 00:00
初级用户 Posts 5 Credits 121
Very well written, I learned a lot of things I didn’t know before because I had never used them. Thanks for providing this.
Floor104 win2020 Posted 2003-07-01 00:00
初级用户 Posts 3 Credits 117
The following is quoted from Master Rushi on 2003-5-21 20:33:26:
Let me explain one thing here. I wrote this explanation according to the general frequency of use of the commands. In a sense, I’m explaining first the ones I’m more familiar with and use more often.. I didn’t arrange them in strict academic alphabetical order. Please forgive me... Now let’s continue.
             7, Setting time and date formats
                 Here I’ll talk about a command we Chinese don’t often use: COUNTRY. This is a command for setting time and date formats. We all know that because of the physical nature of the earth, people of different countries differ in race, customs, and time, so the currency systems of each country are also different. DOS defaults to using USA settings.. COUNTRY can change the default time, date, and currency settings.. The format used is:
                  COUNTRY=(country code as specified, such as 001-972) There isn’t one for China. So I don’t remember the exact codes very clearly. I basically never use this command, I only remember that England seems to be 044. Maybe wengier would know it clearly.
                 8, Low memory management
                 This is a very interesting command. The dos command in DOS. The first dos refers to the DOS system. The second dos manages and frees low memory for applications. This dos establishes and maintains low memory, and establishes the connection between low memory and upper memory. It can load part of the DOS system itself into UMB (upper memory).
                 Its general format is:
                  DOS=HIGH\LOW\AUTO
                  HIGH   load part of DOS into the high memory area (HMB)
                  LOW   restrict DOS to the low memory area
                  AUTO  automatically choose where to place DOS.
                  UMB    maintain the connection between low memory and reserved memory.. allowing DOS to use   LOADHIGH and DEVICEHIGH and other commands to load devices or programs into upper memory.
                 NOUMB   forbid DOS from using upper memory. Restrict the connection between low memory and upper memory.
                 In this command, parameters that do not conflict with each other can generally be used together. When using them together, please separate them with “,”. When using the HIGH and UMB parameters, note that at minimum HIMEM.SYS should already be loaded. This command can appear anywhere in the CONFIG file..
In the quoted text above, which one is the high memory area in “UMB (upper memory)” and “HIGH load part of DOS into the high memory area (HMB)”—is it HMB or UMB???
Floor105 kind-uo Posted 2003-07-01 00:00
初级用户 Posts 22 Credits 199
What Ru Shi wrote is good! I support you. I posted a related thread too, and you saw it. Thanks!
But you said I didn't make it clear.
Let me explain here. In Properties, under the memory item, I saw: "No third-party software management."
Which software should be installed, and how do I install it? Please say it in my thread!
Thanks again to Master Ru Shi for the good post.
Prev  1 … 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … 17  Next
[ Contact the Union admin team - 中国DOS联盟 - Standard version ]
Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023