中国DOS联盟论坛

China DOS Union

-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --
Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union
中国DOS联盟论坛
The time now is 2026-10-01 07:15
47,813 topics / 349,918 posts / today 0 new / 48,279 members
DOS学习入门 & 精彩文章 (教学室) » Download: MS-DOS 7.10 Complete Installation Version (Including Graphic Installation Program)
Printable Version  266,199 / 639
Floor76 fn530 Posted 2004-02-17 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 105
Hello webmaster, I downloaded the CD version of dos71cd.zip, but after decompression, there are two files: dos71cd.iso and file_id.diz. Which file should I use to burn the CD? Thanks!
Floor77 GOTOmsdos Posted 2004-02-17 00:00
铂金会员 Posts 1,827 Credits 5,154
Thanks a lot for the moderator's reply!

1, 2, I installed DOS 710 in an XP virtual machine. I forgot to partition and format before installation. It was indeed FAT16 after installation. Then I re-partitioned and formatted with PQMAGIC to FAT32, and then it was installed as FAT32.
3, When there is no mouse, first use the arrow or UP, DOWN and then use ENTER to confirm. It seems okay. But the pointer moves to another place.
4, DOS operating systems can all change the code page at the command line. It would be better if it could be like this.
5, Understandable
6, Using DOSLFN /D to disable long filenames still doesn't work.
(But maybe it works with EDIT.)

In addition, your super boot disk, in a normal WIN2000 and DOS710 dual-boot system, although all other device boots are disabled and only the floppy disk boot is enabled, when using your boot disk to boot, the system unexpectedly appears the boot menu and still boots from the hard disk?
Does the boot disk become invalid when the system is normal? Is it designed like this? (Shen Jie's boot disk still boots in, probably most boot disks are like this)
If this is the case, how to see the effect of the boot disk on a normal machine?

Floor78 Wengier Posted 2004-02-18 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
gotomsdos:

"I installed DOS 7.10 in an XP virtual machine. I forgot to partition and format before installation. It was indeed FAT16 after installation. Then I re-partitioned and formatted to FAT32 with PQMAGIC, and then it was installed as FAT32."

Maybe it's because the partition capacity is small. When the capacity reaches a certain level, it will automatically use FAT32; otherwise, it will automatically use FAT16 or even FAT12 partitions.

fn530:

After extracting DOS71CD.ZIP, there should be three files: DOS71CD.ISO, FILE_ID.DIZ, and README.TXT. The latter two are instruction files, and the first one is the file to be burned.
Floor79 yuanzongya Posted 2004-02-18 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 105
Great! Thanks~~~~
Floor80 Wengier Posted 2004-02-18 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
gotomsdos: Just now I took a look and found that the problem with the keyboard should be caused by your own unfamiliar operation. You forgot to use the spacebar, resulting in not selecting the option. The specific content I have already sent you a text message about just now.

As for the problem of inputting Chinese with TW in the virtual machine, in fact, it has long been recognized that TW runs very slowly in the virtual machine under the default configuration. Either use it on a real machine, or configure TW, or use other Chinese character systems, such as UCDOS, etc. Just now I tried installing MS-DOS 7.10 in the virtual machine and starting the UCDOS Chinese character system, then creating Chinese file names, and found that there was no problem at all, very successful. It can be seen that this has nothing to do with DOS itself, but is a problem with TW or other reasons.
Floor81 GOTOmsdos Posted 2004-02-18 00:00
铂金会员 Posts 1,827 Credits 5,154
Thank you very much!
Floor82 我很菜 Posted 2004-02-23 00:00
初级用户 Posts 19 Credits 173
I was recommended here. I'm very unfamiliar with DOS. I want to download it to learn. Do I need to format before installing?
Floor83 Wengier Posted 2004-02-24 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
Just install it directly. If there is no formatting, it will prompt whether to perform formatting automatically.

Floor84 sopu7758 Posted 2004-02-25 00:00
初级用户 Posts 3 Credits 115
Ask three questions:
1、I first installed the full installation version of MS-DOS 7.10 on drive C (it is the active partition); then installed 98 on drive D, and finally installed 2000 on drive E.
After installing 98, I found that DOS was not found.
I thought that maybe after installing 2000, the boot menu would appear. But when I installed 2000, I found that the boot menu only had the dual boot of 98 and 2000, and there was no boot for DOS. What should I do?

2、The DOS I installed above was supposed to be installed as a full version, but it was not successful, only an only command version.
This is how I installed it:
After downloading this full installation version of MS-DOS 7.10, unzip DOS71_1.ZIP and DOS71_2.ZIP to the same folder f:\dos71. Then boot the CD into the DOS of the 98 version and run the installation on drive F.
Ask if to rewrite MBA? I selected yes.
Ask if to install fully? Also selected yes.
As a result, I entered the path f:\dos71, but the add-on setup still couldn't be installed. What's the matter?

As for the following things like enabling UMB memory, etc., I all selected the default, is this not wrong?

3、In my opinion, the biggest problem under DOS is changing the drive letter. Because the partition magic for the DOS version does not have the function of changing the drive letter. When I deleted and formatted the original drives C, D, E and installed DOS, 98, and 2000 respectively, I found that their drive letters were not what I expected, which really troubled me. After tossing for a day, I hid other partitions in partition magic to solve the drive letter problem.
Is there a direct way to change the drive letter? For example, in the DOS environment after booting from the 98 CD, the default is that a certain partition is drive H, but I just want to change it to drive D. How to change it?
Floor85 Wengier Posted 2004-02-26 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
sopu7758,

"add-on" simply means optional accessory, usually no need to install.

The installation sequence was messed up. MS-DOS 7.1 should be installed after Win98.

It's correct to choose "default".
Floor86 暗黑彼得· Posted 2004-02-26 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 105
I installed DOS 7.1 on a dual-boot system of WinXP + Win2003, and the installation was successful. However, the Chinese display is still garbled. How to solve it?

P.S: I learned about computers by myself, which is very unsystematic. There are many things I should understand but don't. I'm new here. Please give me more advice in the future.
Floor87 闲着没事 Posted 2004-02-26 00:00
初级用户 Posts 2 Credits 110
It has been like a long time since no one asked questions here. I don't know if the moderator can still see and solve my problem.

The operating system I am using now is WIN2000PR + REDHAT9.0. WIN2000PRO is installed in the primary partition C drive, and the partition format is NTFS. There are also logical partitions D drive, E drive and F drive. Among them, D drive and E drive are in NTFS format, and F drive is in FAT32 format, which contains the installation files of WIN2000PRO and LINUX. It is set to FAT32 format for convenience of installation under DOS. The partitions under LINUX have a root partition and a SWAP partition, and they are all automatically set as primary partitions during the installation of LINUX. That is to say, there are already four primary partitions occupied in my current hard drive (C drive counts as one, D, E, F count as one, the root partition of LINUX counts as one, and the SWAP partition counts as one). The main boot program I use is that of WIN2000PRO, which is realized by using the dd command of LINUX and modifying the boot.ini file under WIN2000. Now I want to install a DOS, and I don't want to modify the existing MBR. This is what I think: divide a 50M G drive (which is a logical partition) from F drive (FAT32), install MSDOS7.10, then use the dd command under LINUX to make a boot record of G drive into a msdos.dos file, and then modify the boot.ini file to realize multi-boot, but there are some problems I don't understand:

First, can MSDOS7.10 be installed on a logical partition?

Second, under linux, using dd /dev/had8 /msdos.dos count=1 bs=512 and then copying msdos.dos to the C drive, and modifying the boot.ini file as c:\msdos.dos="msdos7.10", can this method be realized? (It would be better to explain in detail the process of installing and installing the boot program during the installation of MSDOS7.10)

Third, I want to use the simulation program for the computer ranking examination under MSDOS, which needs the support of UCDOS. Can it be used under MSDOS7.10?

If this method is not feasible, can the moderator provide a better plan? (My existing data does not want to be damaged)
Floor88 Wengier Posted 2004-02-26 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
The MS-DOS 7.10 installation program will automatically modify files like boot.ini to make a dual boot, so there is no need to use other tools (such as the DD command of Linux) at all. However, the system files of DOS should not be installed on a logical partition but must be on a primary partition. It is recommended to convert the C drive to FAT32 before installation.
Floor89 闲着没事 Posted 2004-02-28 00:00
初级用户 Posts 2 Credits 110
My four primary partitions have all been used up. The NTFS format under 2000 is much better. Do I have to convert the C drive to FAT32 format?
Floor90 敬亭闲云 Posted 2004-02-28 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 112
I'm a novice. I have a question for experts. How to use HD-COPY? I have downloaded the MS-DOS 7.0 installation floppy disk, but I just don't know how to write the DOS 7.1 IMG to the floppy disk. If possible, please reply to my mailbox: yerushui@msn.com. Thanks a lot!
Prev  1 … 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 … 43  Next
[ Contact the Union admin team - 中国DOS联盟 - Standard version ]
Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023