中国DOS联盟论坛

China DOS Union

-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --
Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union
中国DOS联盟论坛
The time now is 2026-10-01 07:15
47,813 topics / 349,918 posts / today 0 new / 48,279 members
DOS学习入门 & 精彩文章 (教学室) » Download: MS-DOS 7.10 Complete Installation Version (Including Graphic Installation Program)
Printable Version  266,198 / 639
Floor61 5460myfriend Posted 2004-02-08 00:00
初级用户 Posts 11 Credits 157
I'm getting off first! I don't know how to install it at all. Can the landlord explain it clearly?
Floor62 Wengier Posted 2004-02-08 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
The following is a quote from 5460myfriend at 17:40:44 on February 8, 2004:
I'll download first! I don't know how to install! Can the owner explain it clearly?


There are very clear introduction instructions in this article:
http://newdos.yginfo.net/dosart32.htm
Floor63 zorro999 Posted 2004-02-09 00:00
初级用户 Posts 5 Credits 125
Hey!~ I don't have a CD-ROM drive and no floppy drive. Is there a hard disk installation version!!! Strongly requesting!!!!!
Floor64 Wengier Posted 2004-02-10 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
zorro999: Didn't I already say that it can be installed from the hard disk? There is a detailed introduction in that article.
Floor65 越曲芳香 Posted 2004-02-14 00:00
初级用户 Posts 36 Credits 264
This is the DOS operating system, and it's not possible to enter Windows.
Floor66 越曲芳香 Posted 2004-02-14 00:00
初级用户 Posts 36 Credits 264
It's not possible. It's not an upgrade of the Windows series.
Floor67 Wengier Posted 2004-02-14 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
Yue Qu Fang Xiang: Don't you really know? Unlike WinNT/2K/XP, Win3.x/9x are not operating systems, but GUI graphic interface programs under DOS, which can be directly started under this DOS. Whether it is Win3.x, Win95 or Win98, it's all the same. Just install it yourself and try it carefully to know.

Floor68 llxu74516 Posted 2004-02-14 00:00
初级用户 Posts 11 Credits 159
Okay! Thanks!!
Floor69 GOTOmsdos Posted 2004-02-17 00:00
铂金会员 Posts 1,827 Credits 5,154
I first used a floppy disk and then a hard disk to install, it's pretty good! Thanks!

But I feel there is a flaw: when installing with the hard disk, it has already required to run SETUP in the current directory of the installation files, but then why doesn't the installation program know where the source installation files are and have to type in the path of the source installation files? It makes people feel confused. Can it be programmed to also look for the installation files in the current directory? Because in DOS, the current directory is automatically to be looked for.

Floor70 Wengier Posted 2004-02-17 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
The following is a quote from gotomsdos on 2004-2-17 2:08:36:
I first installed it using a floppy disk and then a hard disk, and it's quite good! Thanks!

But I feel there is a flaw: when installing using the hard disk, it has already required running SETUP in the current directory of the installation file, but why does the subsequent installation program not know where the source installation file is and needs to type in the path of the source installation file? It makes people a bit confused. Can it be programmed to also look for the installation file in the current directory? Because in DOS, the current directory is automatically to be looked for.



Hello, the reason for this is that the installation program first copies all the installations to another temporary folder (such as a memory virtual disk) at the beginning, and then performs the installation. In this way, if it is installed from a hard disk instead of from a floppy disk or CD-ROM, the path during the installation process is actually in the new temporary path, not in the original path, so it will prompt to enter the original path. But your question is very good, and I will definitely find a way to solve this problem to facilitate everyone's installation (in fact, I thought about this problem before, but since you have formally raised it this time, then I will prepare to treat it formally).

Floor71 Wengier Posted 2004-02-17 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
gotomsdos: I just found a solution and have updated it. You may as well try this:

Installation disk 1: http://dos.e-stone.cn/msdos71/dos71_1.zip
Installation disk 2: http://dos.e-stone.cn/msdos71/dos71_2.zip

I will upload them to newdos.yginfo.net later.
Floor72 GOTOmsdos Posted 2004-02-17 00:00
铂金会员 Posts 1,827 Credits 5,154
Hello, Boss Wengier!
I didn't expect to get a detailed reply and handling so soon! The efficiency is quite high, and I hereby salute!
I will definitely try the updated version later.

But there are still some small problems that I don't understand:
1. When the hard disk is not partitioned and formatted, it is formatted as FAT16 by default. Now FAT16 is too little used. Can it be defaulted to FAT32?
2. To facilitate users and not rely on third-party software, to achieve the integrity of the operating system installation, can a partition qualification option be added? Only in this way can we be independent.
3. Without a mouse, the ENTER key cannot be used to confirm the option (when using the arrow to move to the option I want, pressing ENTER makes it jump to other positions)
4. Due to the lack of a mouse, the default American code page 437 is used. After installation, the code page cannot be changed (it prompts that NLSFUNC is not installed, but when trying to change to Simplified Chinese 936 after loading NLSFUNC, it prompts INVALID CODE PAGE)
5. Can the Simplified Chinese code page be defaulted?
6. When installing with the mouse again, after selecting the Chinese 936 code page, when running the Tianhui Chinese system TW.EXE, the response is extremely slow. Although Chinese characters can be input to the screen, then it freezes. Sometimes pressing CTRL+C is useless, as follows:
copy con 中文.txt
eiuruiutut
Z press Enter to freeze

Floor73 木于 Posted 2004-02-17 00:00
初级用户 Posts 6 Credits 128
I'm a novice in DOS. I got the "Little Postman" virus some time ago. Recommending by my friend, I visited your website and paid tribute to the moderators of your forum. I still need to ask for much tolerance in the future!
Floor74 Wengier Posted 2004-02-17 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
gotomsdos:

"1, When the hard disk is not partitioned and formatted, it is defaulted to FAT16. Now FAT16 is rarely used. Can it be defaulted to FAT32?"

The default option is indeed FAT32. Maybe you made a mistake.

"2, For the convenience of users and without resorting to third-party software to achieve the integrity of operating system installation, can a partition formatting option be added? Only in this way can we be independent."

It has been added a long time ago. When the C drive is not formatted, it will automatically prompt for formatting.

"3, Without a mouse, you cannot use ENTER to confirm the option (when using the arrow to move to the option I want, pressing ENTER jumps to other positions)"

No way. When I test the installation program, I basically don't use the mouse, and usually operate with the keyboard. Maybe you are not very familiar with operating the interface of this installation program with the keyboard.

"4, Due to no mouse, the default US code page 437 is used. After installation, the code page cannot be changed (it prompts that NLSFUNC is not installed, but when loading NLSFUNC and trying to change to Simplified Chinese 936, it prompts INVALID CODE PAGE)"

This is the difference after code page selection. If 437 is selected, you need to manually modify the relevant content in CONFIG.SYS to change to 936.

"5, Can the Simplified Chinese code page be defaulted?"

No, because this installation version is distributed worldwide, not just in China. So it should be more formal. I don't want to favor the code page of a specific country.

"6, Then install with the mouse, select the Chinese 936 code page, and when running the Tianhui Chinese system TW.EXE, the response is extremely slow. Although Chinese characters can be input to the screen, it then crashes. Sometimes pressing CTRL+C is useless, as follows:
copy con 中文.txt
eiuruiutut"


I didn't find this problem. You can try removing the long filename support with the DOSLFN /D command.
Floor75 zhaoke191 Posted 2004-02-17 00:00
初级用户 Posts 6 Credits 127
I was making boot disks and used HD-COPY to put two IMG files onto two floppy disks respectively, but the second disk always had an error when installing, and as a result, many commands couldn't be implemented, such as edit. What's the matter? Do I need to put those two files onto the same floppy disk? How to put them? Please give me some advice!
Prev  1 … 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 … 43  Next
[ Contact the Union admin team - 中国DOS联盟 - Standard version ]
Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023