中国DOS联盟论坛

China DOS Union

-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --
Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union
中国DOS联盟论坛
The time now is 2026-09-28 16:06
47,813 topics / 349,918 posts / today 0 new / 48,277 members
DOS学习入门 & 精彩文章 (教学室) » DOS Is Free - An Introduction to FreeDOS
Printable Version  140,498 / 225
Floor61 Nuxil Posted 2005-07-01 00:00
初级用户 Posts 5 Credits 115
Boss seems to have made a super boot disk for MS-DOS 7.10. I downloaded one and used it. To be honest, this thing is really powerful. But it didn't solve my problem. I found many so-called powerful things on your site, but they all have a common problem: that is, after loading the image with VFLOPPY, when entering those so-called powerful DOS boot disks and running NTFS*, my C drive becomes D drive, D drive becomes E drive,... My level of DOS is only at the college computer second-level level. I don't know anything about making boot disks. But I'm also a computer fan and like to play with computers, but I'm a super newbie. This time I found many boot disks on the Internet for installing the system. My computer has no floppy drive. It has a CD drive but no CD. The hard drive has long been replaced with NFTS to follow the trend. So I want to find such a floppy disk: it's enough to install the system!! But no boot disk can meet this small requirement of mine. Because after these boot disks run NTFS, my original drive letters are shifted back by one. Maybe it's because your brothers' boot disks have a RAMDISK to store more tools and occupy the position of the C drive, so the original C drive can only be in the position of the D drive. When installing the system in this environment, once restarted, the position of the installation program is not the previous position in those boot disk environments. Instead, it is restored forward by one. Because the virtual C drive is gone. In this way, the system can't be installed. I'm guessing randomly, I don't know if it's right. But please, Boss, help me solve this problem. This shouldn't be a very difficult problem, just changing the drive letters. Please give me advice. Thank you very much! (I've long wanted to reinstall! It's just that the boot disk problem hasn't been solved!)
Floor62 SingleBoy Posted 2005-07-01 00:00
初级用户 Posts 3 Credits 109
Does it have network functions? Can I use it to surf the Internet?
Floor63 281614107 Posted 2005-07-01 00:00
初级用户 Posts 3 Credits 106
Thanks to the moderator's incisive explanation. I'm using MS-DOS that came with a Lenovo computer. I don't know if there will be an impact on the system after replacing the DOS you mentioned.
Floor64 brglng Posted 2005-07-17 16:32
银牌会员 Posts 466 Credits 1,200 From 上海
The Command.com of FreeDOS won't take up as high as 74k memory if it is started with its Kernel.sys, while directly entering with MS-DOS will.

The Command.com of FreeDOS doesn't seem to support long filenames. Even after loading DOSLFN, it still doesn't support it.

Now 64-bit is going to be popularized, but 32-bit DOS hasn't been well developed yet, and the development is really slow. But I think the slow development of DOS is not caused by DOS itself. I think the kernel of DOS is the best among all the operating systems I know. The current situation of DOS is mainly due to the monopoly of M$. It used to develop DOS, and then once it stopped developing, DOS gradually lost its vitality. As soon as its Windows came out, Windows began to be glorious. If one day M$ develops another operating system, then Windows may still decline.

Once DOS develops a better 32-bit version, we must hurry to develop the 64-bit one and can't be slower than other OSes.

In addition, I think for the development of FreeCOM of FreeDOS, whether the functions and display of the commands can be modeled after the CMD of NT. I think the functions and display of CMD are very good. But if the functions are too powerful, the file size will be relatively large.
Floor65 taoty Posted 2005-07-23 17:10
中级用户 Posts 112 Credits 275
Oh, so that's how it is. I'm here to learn.
Floor66 Rusher Posted 2005-07-25 10:11
初级用户 Posts 20 Credits 29
Studying...
Floor67 cool535 Posted 2005-07-25 12:09
初级用户 Posts 38 Credits 175
顶
Floor68 cgdd Posted 2005-08-01 16:37
初级用户 Posts 7 Credits 47
Does FreeDOS not take 100% CPU anymore? Or how to solve it? For DOS systems, programs, games under DOS or Windows??
Floor69 jiangn Posted 2005-08-10 11:43
新手上路 Posts 2 Credits 12
DOS is a very good learning platform. Now that I'm used to Windows, I've become lazy. Also, can the above-mentioned DOS be run in a virtual machine?
Floor70 zyzy Posted 2005-08-19 17:15
新手上路 Posts 3 Credits 5 From 中国天津
To become a computer expert, one cannot stay at the level of just using programs like Windows, Office, etc. Instead, one must master the most fundamental and also the most effective DOS. This is the necessary path to becoming a strong hand. I have now arrived at the crossroads~~~~~~~
Floor71 hsj840119 Posted 2005-09-03 15:00
初级用户 Posts 7 Credits 110
Study study ~
Floor72 IceCrack Posted 2005-10-06 19:01
中级用户 Posts 168 Credits 332 From 天涯
Free but not for nothing. Can't understand anymore
Floor73 muyi Posted 2005-10-08 14:13
新手上路 Posts 1 Credits 0 From 黑龙江
Goodness, that's written so detailed! Hehe, I'm a new rookie! Learn more and support me a lot!
Floor74 pc1415926 Posted 2005-12-28 02:37
初级用户 Posts 24 Credits 167
Not bad. Just in time to learn! ~
Floor75 ccfc Posted 2006-03-19 15:40
新手上路 Posts 1 Credits 2 From wuhan,PRC
HP computers seem to have pre-installed FREE DOS, and I really want to learn about it!
Prev  1 … 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 … 16  Next
[ Contact the Union admin team - 中国DOS联盟 - Standard version ]
Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023