![]() |
China DOS Union-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum |
| Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union |
|
中国DOS联盟论坛 The time now is 2026-09-29 20:19 |
47,813 topics / 349,918 posts / today 0 new / 48,278 members |
| DOS学习入门 & 精彩文章 (教学室) » How to Boot Pure DOS under WinNT/2K/XP [Original] |
| Printable Version 97,617 / 173 |
| Floor46 Nihlathak | Posted 2003-05-26 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 26 Credits 218 | |
|
After I use the srcboot c: filename /s command, there is no response at all. I have already copied srcboot to the root directory of C.
|
|
| Floor47 mikeby | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 10 Credits 141 | |
|
I'm a super newbie, very interested in DOS, please give more guidance from everyone! Thanks~~~~~~~~~~^_^
|
|
| Floor48 mikeby | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 10 Credits 141 | |
|
I'm a newbie: The following is my understanding of the operation. I don't know if it's correct. Please correct and guide the moderator:
1. SYS A: C: (Use the sys command to transfer DOS system files to the C drive) 2. SRCBOOT C: C:\BOOTSECT.DOS /S (Save the content in the master boot sector at this time (that is, the DOS boot information) to the C:\BOOTSECT.DOS file) 3. BOOTPART WINNT BOOT:C: (I'm using the XP system. Can I use bootpart winxp boot:c:?) 4. Then add the line to start DOS in BOOT.INI. Help: a. I don't know how to do step 4 above.... Please give guidance. b. I downloaded the moderator's MS-DOS 7.10 startup compressed package. After unpacking, how to make a boot disk for the above operations? |
|
| Floor49 bgang | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 2 Credits 110 | |
|
Thanks! There are places to learn
|
|
| Floor50 mikeby | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 10 Credits 141 | |
|
I have already made the MS-DOS 7.10 boot floppy disk. When it comes to step 4, how to use the attrib command and the edit command?
|
|
| Floor51 江枫 | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 105 | |
|
I'm a newbie, please take care of me
|
|
| Floor52 mikeby | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 10 Credits 141 | |
|
I also downloaded the 7.x command learning materials provided by the moderator. I looked at the attrib command.
4. atttrib -R -A -S -H C:\BOOT.INI I don't understand the commands about edit. The startup floppy disk I made doesn't have the edit command. How can I start the edit command then? |
|
| Floor53 如是大师 | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 元老会员 Posts 3,351 Credits 9,654 From 湖北 | |
|
What functions do you need to edit?
|
|
| Floor54 阿冬哥 | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 105 | |
|
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. I hope you will take care of me a lot. Thanks
|
|
| Floor55 mikeby | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 10 Credits 141 | |
|
I just want to follow the above steps to install, please give guidance like a master
|
|
| Floor56 如是大师 | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 元老会员 Posts 3,351 Credits 9,654 From 湖北 | |
|
Where is the problem at your step?
|
|
| Floor57 mikeby | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 10 Credits 141 | |
|
My C drive is NTFS file system. Can it be installed?
Regarding the above method, I don't understand the fourth step. I'm stuck when editing the boot.ini file in step 4. |
|
| Floor58 如是大师 | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 元老会员 Posts 3,351 Credits 9,654 From 湖北 | |
|
That's not possible. NTFS is not supported by DOS
|
|
| Floor59 mikeby | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 10 Credits 141 | |
|
On page four of this topic, it was said that the spfdisk program could be used to solve the problem. Is the driver program ntfsdos also able to solve it? Both of these things can't be downloaded, could they have been deleted?
Now I have NTFS, if I want to install it, do I only have to reinstall the XP system, re-partition the disk into FAT and then install DOS? Are there other methods? |
|
| Floor60 qenzi | Posted 2003-06-03 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 4 Credits 120 | |
|
Still a little bit don't understand, but can take a look slowly.
|
|
| Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 12 Next |
|
[ Contact the Union admin team -
中国DOS联盟 -
Standard version ] Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023 |