Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
DOS stands for freedom, openness and progress. Let us work hard, learn from the openness and GNU spirit of FreeDOS and Linux, and together build and grow a free GNU GPL world!
Credits 296 Posts 53 Joined 2003-07-28 00:00 23-year member UID 7644 Gender Male
Status Offline
Unable to complete the installation task under DOS. WINXP is a pure 32-bit operating system and does not support 16-bit DOS commands. I also tried it but failed.
Credits 27,736 Posts 10,521 Joined 2002-10-09 12:00 23-year member UID 9
Status Offline
The following is a quote from ct at 2003-8-13 21:31:35:
Installation tasks cannot be completed under DOS. WINXP is a pure 32-bit operating system and does not support 16-bit DOS commands. I have also tried it but failed.
What? The Chinese version of WinXP I am using was installed under pure DOS (MS-DOS 7.10).
Credits 2,202 Posts 499 Joined 2003-06-12 00:00 23-year member UID 4876 Gender Male
Status Offline
The following is the statement by ct on 2003-8-13 21:31:35:
Installation cannot be completed under DOS. WINXP is a pure 32-bit operating system and does not support 16-bit DOS commands. I also tried it but failed.
Just got to know each other, don't understand; A winnt command will support your DOS.