中国DOS联盟论坛

China DOS Union

-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --
Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union
中国DOS联盟论坛
The time now is 2026-10-01 13:23
47,813 topics / 349,918 posts / today 0 new / 48,279 members
DOS学习入门 & 精彩文章 (教学室) » Wengier please come in~~
Printable Version  3,944 / 32
Floor16 yiyesong Posted 2002-11-21 00:00
元老会员 Posts 632 Credits 1,987
If it's a large directory, you can directly click SETUP to install. But as WENGIER said, MSDOS 6.22 doesn't support 40G hard drives (only supports 2G partitions), doesn't support FAT32 format, doesn't support long filenames, etc. You'd better use a multi-system partition software to create a new partition and reformat it (can't use the FORMAT command of WIN98, should use the one自带 by MSDOS 6.22). If you are currently using the WIN98 operating system, you don't need to install any DOS again. When the blue sky and white clouds appear during startup, press CTRL or F8, and select Command prompt only in the menu, which is MSDOS 7.10.
Floor17 想学DOS Posted 2002-11-22 00:00
中级用户 Posts 50 Credits 234
Multi-system partition software? I don't quite understand what it means. Can you introduce it?
You said that 6.22 only supports a maximum of 2G partitions. If I divide a 40G hard drive into 20 partitions, will the system recognize them?
Can 6.22 support so many partitions?
Floor18 Wengier Posted 2002-11-22 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
Yes, MS-DOS 6.22 only supports a maximum 2G partition. Even if you divide it into 20 partitions, it can only recognize the first 8G (4 partitions) at most, and the rest will not be recognized at all. Installing a multi - system boot software won't help. Therefore, it is still recommended to install MS - DOS 7.10, and then there will be no problem.
Floor19 想学DOS Posted 2002-11-22 00:00
中级用户 Posts 50 Credits 234
I'm really grateful that the friends here don't find me annoying.
There's no way, I started learning computers with WIN98.
By chance, I came here and found that DOS is also so charming.
So I have the urge to learn DOS. I still hope that all friends will give me more guidance!
Floor20 yiyesong Posted 2002-11-22 00:00
元老会员 Posts 632 Credits 1,987
Just install MSDOS 7.1 as WENGIER said, or as I said, when Windows 98 starts and the blue sky and white clouds appear, press CTRL or F8, select Command prompt only in the menu, which is MSDOS 7.10. (This is the essence of the new DOS, using the latest and best. I have the same view as WENGIER). MSDOS 7.1 can support a 2T (that is, 2000G) hard drive. If you really want to use MSDOS 6.22, use a multi-system partition software to re-partition a partition smaller than 2G (since you are a beginner, I suggest using PARTITION MAGIC), put DOS software specifically in it for learning and research, but other partitions will not be supported.

At the same time, I also hope that you will promote our forum and let more people care about and support the development of domestic DOS, and develop better and new DOS software.

Floor21 想学DOS Posted 2002-11-22 00:00
中级用户 Posts 50 Credits 234
I will try to download 7.1,
I will also promote this website,
I also want to become a DOS expert, but it seems unlikely.
Floor22 Wengier Posted 2002-11-22 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
Of course it's possible! Practice makes perfect! If you have any questions, just ask here, it's okay.
Floor23 想学DOS Posted 2002-11-22 00:00
中级用户 Posts 50 Credits 234
Yes, Fang Shao's FTP cannot be logged in, and the link for packaging the web page is also invalid. Is there any other address?
Floor24 yiyesong Posted 2002-11-22 00:00
元老会员 Posts 632 Credits 1,987
Can you access foreign websites? WENGIER has another new DOS era abroad, you can go and have a look there.
Floor25 Wengier Posted 2002-11-23 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
But that "New DOS Era" is a very old version, and it has never been updated, and some software are not on it.
Floor26 yiyesong Posted 2002-11-23 00:00
元老会员 Posts 632 Credits 1,987
There should be your MSDOS7.10!
Floor27 Wengier Posted 2002-11-23 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
There are still some, here:
http://www21.brinkster.com/wengierwu/dos/doswarea.html
Floor28 yiyesong Posted 2002-11-23 00:00
元老会员 Posts 632 Credits 1,987
Friends who want to learn DOS, you can visit the above - mentioned URL (abroad) that WENGIER said: http://www21.brinkster.com/wengierwu/dos/doswarea.html
If you can't access it, please set up a proxy service. Here I provide an IP address: 210.51.252.9 and port: 80
Floor29 想学DOS Posted 2002-11-23 00:00
中级用户 Posts 50 Credits 234
My machine is in a local area network and cannot access directly. The proxy is specified, so if the proxy is changed, the web page cannot be opened. I have tried it, it is like this. But there is one that can access directly, I can try with that one."
Floor30 LiveOnLove Posted 2002-11-25 00:00
中级用户 Posts 161 Credits 493 From ZHCN
Fang Shao's FTP cannot be accessed.
Prev  1 2 3  Next
[ Contact the Union admin team - 中国DOS联盟 - Standard version ]
Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023