中国DOS联盟论坛

China DOS Union

-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --
Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union
中国DOS联盟论坛
The time now is 2026-09-30 01:20
47,813 topics / 349,918 posts / today 0 new / 48,278 members
DOS学习入门 & 精彩文章 (教学室) » How to find the DOS version number under my Win98
Printable Version  4,287 / 30
Floor16 Dark-Destroy Posted 2003-06-11 00:00
元老会员 Posts 3,551 Credits 8,312
That's right~
But I'm uploading a little program I wrote in C that can be used to find out the DOS version~~
Floor17 Dark-Destroy Posted 2003-06-11 00:00
元老会员 Posts 3,551 Credits 8,312
Strange, it won't upload...
Trying again....

Open attachment

ok, uploaded....
Floor18 慕白 Posted 2003-06-13 00:00
高级用户 Posts 115 Credits 617
The following is quoted from 慕白 at 2003-6-11 22:04:35:
The following is quoted from 如是大师 at 2003-6-9 21:19:40:
device=hiram.sys

Master, I found CONFIG。SYS, but when I open it with WORDPAD it’s blank (is that normal?), so should I just create a new text file called CONFIG。SYS, put “DEVICE=HIRAM” in it, save it, and that will do?



Master, please answer~~~~~~~~
Floor19 Wengier Posted 2003-06-13 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
Yes, just add one line to the empty CONFIG.SYS: DEVICE=...\HIRAM.EXE will do (where ... is the path name).
Floor20 慕白 Posted 2003-06-13 00:00
高级用户 Posts 115 Credits 617
Huh??? Isn't that different from what he said??? “Master Rushi's post on 2003-6-9 21:19:40:
device=hiram.sys”
Floor21 如是大师 Posted 2003-06-14 00:00
元老会员 Posts 3,351 Credits 9,654 From 湖北
Hehe·~ then make it DEVICE=HIRAM.EXE, but in that case HIRAM.EXE must be on the current drive.
Floor22 慕白 Posted 2003-06-14 00:00
高级用户 Posts 115 Credits 617
“Just add one line to the empty CONFIG.SYS: DEVICE=...\HIRAM.EXE will do (where ... is the path name)”

——————Got an error: The following file is MISSING or CORRUPTED:HIRAM.EXE; There is an error in one line of your CONFIG.SYS file!
What I did was open CONFIG.SYS on drive C with WORDPAD and save it, then reboot into pure DOS7.1, type VER and press Enter, and the above error appeared.
Floor23 如是大师 Posted 2003-06-14 00:00
元老会员 Posts 3,351 Credits 9,654 From 湖北
How did you enter DOS?
Where is the hiram file??
What exactly did you write for the line??
Floor24 慕白 Posted 2003-06-14 00:00
高级用户 Posts 115 Credits 617
The following is quoted from Master Rushi at 2003-6-14 12:40:50:
How did you enter DOS?
Where is the hiram file??
What exactly did you write for the line??

It's like this:
How did you enter DOS? ———— After restarting the computer, I pressed “CTRL” and selected the fifth item, “COMMAND PROMMPT ONLY”;
Where is the hiram file?? ———— I don't know where it is. Do I need to know where it is? How do I find that out?
What exactly did you write for the line?? ———— I didn't write a line, I just opened config.sys with WORDPAD under WINDOWS, added “DEVICE=HIRAM.EXE” and saved it, then after exiting WINDOWS and entering DOS, the above error appeared, and typing “VER” and pressing Enter still gives “WIN98XXXXXX”.
Floor25 如是大师 Posted 2003-06-14 00:00
元老会员 Posts 3,351 Credits 9,654 From 湖北
You don't have the hiram file, so of course the system can't find it.. heh~
It's in wengier's boot disk..
Floor26 慕白 Posted 2003-06-14 00:00
高级用户 Posts 115 Credits 617
Oh come on~~~~~~ HIRAM isn't included with DOS7.1?
Floor27 如是大师 Posted 2003-06-14 00:00
元老会员 Posts 3,351 Credits 9,654 From 湖北
Mm.. of course not... and even if it were, not specifying the path still wouldn't work..
Floor28 慕白 Posted 2003-06-14 00:00
高级用户 Posts 115 Credits 617
Then it looks like I have to use wengier's boot disk? Depressing
Floor29 如是大师 Posted 2003-06-14 00:00
元老会员 Posts 3,351 Credits 9,654 From 湖北
No need, just copy this file in. My early Jishi Chinese-localized boot disk also had this file..
Floor30 Wengier Posted 2003-06-15 00:00
系统支持 Posts 10,521 Credits 27,736
The following is quoted from nre at 2003-5-26 19:05:00:
If he types VER under 98SE/98se DOS, it still shows win98 4.10 2222 a . Microsoft doesn't acknowledge DOS versions after 6.22.


Actually, Microsoft still kind of acknowledges it! Let me give two examples:

1: Files such as COMMAND.COM, IO.SYS, ATTRIB.COM, etc. in MS-DOS 7.x/8.0 all contain text like “MS-DOS Version 7/8, Copyright Microsoft Corp.”;

2: When you use MS-DOS 7.x or earlier to start WIN.COM from WinME, WIN will prompt “This version of Windows runs only on MS-DOS 8.00.” Isn't that Microsoft itself publicly acknowledging that WinME runs on MS-DOS 8.00?
Prev  1 2 3  Next
[ Contact the Union admin team - 中国DOS联盟 - Standard version ]
Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023