中国DOS联盟论坛

China DOS Union

-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --
Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union
中国DOS联盟论坛
The time now is 2026-09-30 02:11
47,813 topics / 349,918 posts / today 0 new / 48,278 members
DOS学习入门 & 精彩文章 (教学室) » [Recommendation] Methods for Installing Pure DOS under WinNT/2K/XP
Printable Version  195,492 / 495
Floor136 hjtyz Posted 2004-09-14 00:00
初级用户 Posts 7 Credits 118
Hello. When installing this DOS, which partition should it be installed in? Is it in the same partition as XP? Urgently waiting for a reply. Thanks.
Floor137 seasoftboy Posted 2004-09-18 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 102
It's MS-DOS. Why is it said to be pure DOS
Floor138 loklochen Posted 2004-10-14 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 102
Downloaded already, let's try it!
Floor139 dosspecial Posted 2004-10-17 00:00
初级用户 Posts 15 Credits 159 From 浙江省
How to install DOS 7.10 under the NTFS file format? I've always wanted to install another DOS on the same partition under my XP, which would be much more convenient. But Microsoft's current DOS can't directly access the NTFS file system, so I'm asking for help from all you DOS experts. Thanks
Floor140 bo96559 Posted 2004-10-20 00:00
初级用户 Posts 6 Credits 112
Support for DOS 7.1
Floor141 毛主席万岁 Posted 2004-11-02 00:00
初级用户 Posts 17 Credits 157
After I create a DOS boot disk with the disk, can I enter the DOS interface?

Floor142 CHAMP Posted 2004-11-02 00:00
初级用户 Posts 4 Credits 118
I used VFloppy to virtualize a floppy disk / but it doesn't work?
Floor143 凡轩 Posted 2004-11-03 00:00
初级用户 Posts 2 Credits 104
However, if the primary partition of the hard disk (usually drive C) is in NTFS format, DOS cannot be directly installed because DOS does not directly support the NTFS format. At this time, some multi-boot managers can be used, such as SPFDISK, etc. After setting up the system partition with the multi-boot disk manager, directly installing MS-DOS 7.10 can realize coexistence with WinNT/2K/XP.
Moderator: My primary partition is in NTFS format, and there is no floppy drive. I don't understand what multi-boot managers and so on are. Can you explain it more clearly...
Thanks in advance
Floor144 bill0509 Posted 2004-11-08 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 103
Help! Does MSDOS710 support dual-boot with WINME? After I installed MSDOS710 when WINME was already installed, I can no longer boot to WINME!
Floor145 凡轩 Posted 2004-11-08 00:00
初级用户 Posts 2 Credits 104
Where are the moderators? Why aren't they replying to posts???????
Floor146 丝丝 Posted 2004-11-09 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 102
I'm a new user. My computer system is XP. Now I installed an old game (Romance of the Three Kingdoms 4) and can't play it. Does it need to be played under DOS? How can I download DOS to play it? Thanks!!!!!
Floor147 Lee_ud Posted 2004-11-21 00:00
初级用户 Posts 10 Credits 124
Is it possible to install DOS 7.10 using the ntfsdos.exe software? Help: My ntfsdos is the read-only version. Please tell me where I can download the readable and writable ntfsdos.
Floor148 zhyang Posted 2004-11-23 00:00
初级用户 Posts 2 Credits 108
wengier, hello; I encountered the following situation when installing MS-DOS 7.10: Ms-dos 7.10 setup
setup will now check the partitions on your hard drives.you can verifg this by runing SCANDISK or similar first.setup is checking partitions on your hard drives........ l dos setup has no progress and has been stuck at the above prompt for a long time. Is it a hard drive problem? Incorrect partitioning? Please give advice. Thank you!
Floor149 yaoweishen Posted 2004-12-12 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 104
My C drive is in NTFS format and only has an XP system installed (C drive). There is no floppy drive and no burner. I extracted the two image files of DOS 7.10 to D:\DOS (FAT32 format), then entered DOS using a virtual floppy drive, entered C:\DOS (at this time only the C drive can be accessed except the virtual disk), ran SETUP, and then it just stopped moving when the system prompted "Extracting required files...", so I had to restart. When I entered XP, there was an additional MSDOS710 directory, but DOS was not installed successfully. I don't know why. Is there still a way to install DOS in my case? Please give me some pointers from experts.
Floor150 TwoRivers Posted 2004-12-28 00:00
初级用户 Posts 2 Credits 108
The following is the statement made by Wengier on 2004-3-9 5:45:28:


However, if the primary partition of the hard disk (usually drive C) is in NTFS format, it is not possible to directly install DOS because DOS does not directly support the NTFS format. At this time, some multi-boot managers can be used, such as SPFDISK, etc. After setting up the system partition with the multi-boot disk manager, directly installing MS-DOS 7.10 can achieve coexistence with WinNT/2K/XP.




My first primary partition is in NTFS format, installed with XP. I activated the second primary partition (fat) with smart fdisk, and after installing MS-DOS 7.10 and restarting, there is no response (no prompts on the screen). What's the matter? Originally, my C drive was fat32 and installing DOS 7.10 was okay (at that time, there was only one primary partition, besides drive C and drive G (where DOS was installed), there was NTFS format)
In addition, can the landlord provide a method of configuring a multi-boot menu without using multi-boot software? Thanks!
Prev  1 … 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 … 34  Next
[ Contact the Union admin team - 中国DOS联盟 - Standard version ]
Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023