![]() |
China DOS Union-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum |
| Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union |
|
中国DOS联盟论坛 The time now is 2026-10-11 03:29 |
47,815 topics / 349,922 posts / today 2 new / 48,285 members |
| GRUB4DOS、SYSLINUX及其它启动管理软件讨论专区 » Friends, time is limited, hurry up and test grub4dos! |
| Printable Version 16,716 / 95 |
| Floor46 不点 | Posted 2007-01-28 03:27 |
| 银牌会员 Posts 1,115 Credits 2,491 | |
|
> When will version 0.43 be released?
Oh, sorry, I've been really busy lately and can't settle down to develop. I can only come to the forum to check bug reports to have a general idea. Fortunately, the bugs reported recently are not particularly serious. electronixtar, fastslz: Thanks for your support! It was by chance that I made grub.exe. At first, I had a problem and Windows failed to boot. Later, I found the reason, restored the interrupt vectors and BDA/EBDA, and successfully booted Windows under grub. Then I remember that a member of this forum suggested making a tool similar to the current grldr, and fortunately, this was also successful. The bootloader is relatively single, not as complex as an OS. There are not too many technical difficulties, and it is based on the work of predecessors, so it is relatively easy to do. I believe that if you all do it, you can succeed as well. On Softpedia, grub4dos first exceeded LILO, but now LILO is about to exceed grub4dos again. I'm also very satisfied that the download count can be comparable to LILO. However, grub4dos has very low recognition worldwide. Especially Linux professionals look down on us, which is also a pity. Now there are many people's efforts in grub4dos, and this can't be regarded as my personal work. I'm not in good health, and the future maintainer is bean. Thank him. |
|
| Floor47 tonydna | Posted 2007-01-28 04:52 |
| 新手上路 Posts 5 Credits 10 | |
|
Brother Budian:
I wonder if future versions might include support for booting from ISO images? |
|
| Floor48 不点 | Posted 2007-01-28 05:24 |
| 银牌会员 Posts 1,115 Credits 2,491 | |
|
This is an old problem left over from history, and I have the intention to work on it. But this might also require a relatively long wait, after all, this is a project.
|
|
| Floor49 electronixtar | Posted 2007-01-28 05:45 |
| 铂金会员 Posts 2,672 Credits 7,493 | |
Actually I've been using WinGrub all the time, convenient ah. Thanks to Brother BuDian for bringing such a useful thing to everyone. |
|
| Floor50 tonydna | Posted 2007-01-28 06:02 |
| 新手上路 Posts 5 Credits 10 | |
Originally posted by Buddha](不点) at 2007-1-28 05:24: This is, of course, a long wait. I have been waiting since I discovered the grub multi-functional boot loader in July 2004. Later, only through the ISOEMU external program was a small function implemented. Now it has also developed to USB drives and SATA drives. I think it will be more difficult to add support in the future. Also, in the space you published, there is this file CD_UNEMU_TAR.GZ. What is the function and what is it used for? |
|
| Floor51 不点 | Posted 2007-01-28 06:10 |
| 银牌会员 Posts 1,115 Credits 2,491 | |
|
This CD_UNEMU_TAR.GZ is no longer useful. Originally, it was found that after starting DOS and GRUB from the floppy disk image on the CDROM and then booting into Win98, accessing drive A: would cause a crash.
CD UNEMU is used to remove the floppy disk emulation on the CDROM and return to the real floppy drive. This is not very useful, so don't use it. |
|
| Floor52 fjcmg888 | Posted 2007-01-30 19:27 |
| 新手上路 Posts 4 Credits 10 | |
|
Bump
|
|
| Floor53 GOTOmsdos | Posted 2007-02-03 04:22 |
| 铂金会员 Posts 1,827 Credits 5,154 | |
|
The CD boot function of GRUB4DOS 0.4.2 always fails. I have tried all parameters, but it doesn't work. The error message is: CDROM DEVICE NOT FOUND.
Now I want to use the old version 0.95, and it can work.. |
|
| Floor54 windrv | Posted 2007-02-03 05:33 |
| 中级用户 Posts 118 Credits 385 | |
Originally posted by GOTOmsdos at 2007-2-3 04:22 AM: Wmkiso, A Simple Front End for mkisofs for making bootable CD/DVD Please download it at: http://www.disklessangel.com/modules/down/wmkiso_bin.zip For a documentation on how to use it and do diskless xp, please download a help pdf file at: http://www.disklessangel.com/diskangelxp/e4.pdf wmkiso helps make a non-emulation mode bootable cd/dvd using grub4dos and isolinux. The usual problem of not being able to make bootable cd/dvd using grldr is mostly due to the use of -boot-load-seg parameter. It is replaced by -boot-load-size 4 in this tool. |
|
| Floor55 GOTOmsdos | Posted 2007-02-03 06:47 |
| 铂金会员 Posts 1,827 Credits 5,154 | |
|
My GRUB4DOS 0.95 is lost,
I've been searching the Internet for a long time and can't find it. Does anyone have an effective URL? |
|
| Floor56 fastslz | Posted 2007-02-03 07:16 |
| 铂金会员 Posts 2,315 Credits 5,493 From 上海 | |
|
Previous versions can all be downloaded here
http://sarovar.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=320&release_id=670 |
|
| Floor57 fastslz | Posted 2007-02-03 07:33 |
| 铂金会员 Posts 2,315 Credits 5,493 From 上海 | |
|
Today, I found that there are two System Boot experts lurking in our forum. bean123 should be bean, the author of WinGrub and grubinst, which is the person that BuDian Master mentioned would maintain grub4dos in the future (post 54).
In post 54: windrv's work Wmkiso is quite good http://windrv.net Salute to the System Boot experts~ |
|
| Floor58 GOTOmsdos | Posted 2007-02-03 09:02 |
| 铂金会员 Posts 1,827 Credits 5,154 | |
|
Salute to System Boot experts~!
I have downloaded no less than N GRUB4DOS, all are version 0.4.2, and they can't boot my CD. Before, version 0.95 could. I want to download one that can boot my CD, but just can't find it..... Dizzy! |
|
| Floor59 GOTOmsdos | Posted 2007-02-03 11:29 |
| 铂金会员 Posts 1,827 Credits 5,154 | |
|
By chance, I found the directory (Climbing's) of the previous GRUB 0.95.... Hurry up and install it... This time, there's no need to torture the BIOS to boot from the CD! (Just now, I also saw a netizen saying that the boot CD of version 0.4.2 failed...) So, I strongly suggest that Brother Budian carefully check...
|
|
| Floor60 不点 | Posted 2007-02-07 06:19 |
| 银牌会员 Posts 1,115 Credits 2,491 | |
|
The commands for the bootable CD are described in the readme:
cdrom --init map --hook chainloader (cd0) boot If the cdrom --init fails, then the problem is basically unsolvable. If this step is successful, it means it's a soft fault and will be resolved later. |
|
| Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next |
|
[ Contact the Union admin team -
中国DOS联盟 -
Standard version ] Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023 |