Everyone is discussing the USB2 transmission of this software under DOS, but I don't know if it's really the case.
The boot USB drive I made with the boot USB drive making software downloaded from this site has only DUSE.EXE, and none of the other related drivers. So the transmission speed is extremely slow. An 800M file took more than 40 minutes to finish, which is really annoying. Then
1. In this post, it is said that only one line needs to be added to CONFIG.SYS: "device=duse.exe INT13 drive=2" (actually, I just added "INT13 drive=2" to the original device=duse.exe). Is it really enough? Because compared with the original SYS, it's just adding "INT13 drive=2" in the same line. Will this definitely have an effect? I have doubts.
2. Some experts also said to add this
device=USBASPI.SYS
device=Di1000dd.SYS
(Of course, I know that his premise is that these two and related files must be available). Then will this definitely be feasible?
There is no way to talk nonsense without comparison, and the success of only one attempt cannot be taken as a feasible method. Technology emphasizes "precision, uniqueness, and effectiveness"!
I don't know if all the experts have considered these things.