中国DOS联盟论坛

China DOS Union

-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --
Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union
中国DOS联盟论坛
The time now is 2026-09-28 10:23
47,813 topics / 349,918 posts / today 0 new / 48,277 members
DOS开发编程 & 发展交流 (开发室) » The development of DOS in recent years
Printable Version  56,823 / 56
Floor16 zhri Posted 2004-07-12 00:00
高级用户 Posts 153 Credits 665
No way around it。。。。。。。
Floor17 beastie Posted 2004-07-25 00:00
初级用户 Posts 80 Credits 66
I want to know, if we always advocate free and open, then how are us programmers supposed to make a living?
Go take a look at FSF. Other people have even donated hundreds of thousands to the free software foundation.
Floor18 寻找朋友 Posted 2004-08-05 00:00
初级用户 Posts 2 Credits 108
I think if it works, then use it! DOS really is somewhat troublesome to use! Everyone knows that, right?
Floor19 wchong Posted 2004-08-05 00:00
银牌会员 Posts 510 Credits 1,186
What we want here is to improve DOS and develop DOS; we do not necessarily have to remain under the original DOS.
Floor20 Mr_Luan Posted 2004-08-22 00:00
初级用户 Posts 6 Credits 112
I basically agree with everyone's viewpoints and opinions, but I agree even more with what the friends in posts #11 and #12 said. What China lacks is exactly this kind of group; software needs collective strength and wisdom.
Floor21 DEVOTION Posted 2004-10-15 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 102
I'm a newbie~ I basically don't really understand what you're all talking about~~~ But since DOS represents freedom and boldness~~ then I'll join too~~ because my workplace is holding DOS training~ and by chance I came here~~~ Please give me your guidance~~~~ I basically only know a tiny bit of file management and the like, I don't understand the other stuff~~
Floor22 sbc1983 Posted 2004-10-19 00:00
初级用户 Posts 2 Credits 104
Today's dos is developing no slower than WINDOWS, and its functions are becoming more and more complete too, but I'm still looking forward to the appearance of dos with support for network functions such as TCP/IP.
Floor23 cen Posted 2005-06-19 00:00
初级用户 Posts 1 Credits 105
This is my first post here. It should also be my only post here.
Obviously, I myself still use DOS to a certain extent, but I only use it to manage disk systems (perhaps I used to treat it as an operating system before, but absolutely not now). The reason I use it to manage disks and other low-level work is mainly because of historical problems left over by Windows.
But speaking of the issue of a new “DOS,” have the webmaster here and all the experts ever reflected on this? Today's open UNIX systems such as LINUX and BSD are actually the New Door! OS of your ideals. These systems already exist—how have you not seen them, and what exactly are you taking them for?
On my desk are 3 computers: one WIN, one BSD, one LINUX. Where is DOS? In my BOOTCD.
So I think developing a new DOS within DOS is really a laughable thing to do~ (sorry for saying it like that). Understand the world a bit more clearly, and you won't take the wrong road. I have never seen an important Linux or BSD project website go under~, but think about the current state of Wengier's New DOS Era website and the Union website? Think about Darwin~
I mean no disrespect toward this place or toward dos, and I don't want to say who I am. I only hope to set the issues of the world right and not mislead later generations.
Quote...
“Programmers' lives

Besides entrepreneurs and managers, there is another kind of people active in Zhongguancun, or in China's computer industry as a whole. They live another kind of life—a programmer's life.
Programs are the entire center of these people's lives. They are gifted, love programming, can endure hardship, and are willing to bear loneliness. The overwhelming majority of them are unknown. Over the past ten-odd years, among all of them, only a little more than ten famous programmers have emerged, such as Qiu Bojun of WPS, Wang Jiangmin of KV300, Yan Yuanchao of CCDOS, Wang Yongmin of Wubi, Wu Xiaojun of 2.13, Wang Zhidong of Stone Richsight, Zhu Chongjun of CCED, and Bao Yueqiao of UCDOS. Talented programmers are by no means limited to these, but they have had no opportunity. Sometimes they feel the opportunity is right in front of them, within reach, but whenever they pounce and are just about to crash straight into that opportunity, they end up missing it every time. Then one morning after years of hard work, they wake from a dream and suddenly discover that apart from improved programming ability, nothing has changed. The programs they wrote are ‘work-for-hire works,’ and the wages they earn are only enough to ‘get by.’ They suddenly feel that writing any kind of program is meaningless. But if they do not write programs, then what else can they do?”
Maybe I really can't understand~ Maybe I'm one of those outside that group. I know that 90% of mankind are ordinary people. If you are one of the remaining 10% of talented people, that still isn't enough, because you still have to choose what exactly you should do within that 10% for it to have real meaning for this society and for yourself.
Floor24 defrag Posted 2005-07-21 13:57
中级用户 Posts 570 Credits 456
Sigh! The New DOS forum again...
Floor25 littlekiss Posted 2005-10-29 16:27
新手上路 Posts 3 Credits 3
To tell the truth, I'm messing around with linux now, and as for this thing called dos, I don't really know what to say.
If dos really wants to develop, it probably really does need to learn from the linux community. The group spirit there is simply moving. Looking back at dos, it seems to have no momentum; at least in China that's already how it is. And the limitations of dos are too obvious. It's very hard to develop it, and it needs a strong team behind it, something like the linux community.
Floor26 proof Posted 2006-01-15 19:47
高级用户 Posts 222 Credits 691
I didn't expect DOS would still develop.
Floor27 greegree Posted 2006-06-28 14:26
新手上路 Posts 1 Credits 2
It seems like no one has come here for a long time
Floor28 wchong Posted 2006-07-06 09:34
银牌会员 Posts 510 Credits 1,186
I haven't used DOS for a long time, so it's time to review it a bit too.
Floor29 abcdos Posted 2006-11-17 02:04
初级用户 Posts 45 Credits 88
Support, just learning
Floor30 Billunique Posted 2007-03-27 23:55
中级用户 Posts 112 Credits 259
There is so much software on your personal website, and such a complete collection too~
Prev  1 2 3 4  Next
[ Contact the Union admin team - 中国DOS联盟 - Standard version ]
Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023