中国DOS联盟论坛

China DOS Union

-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --
Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum
Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union
中国DOS联盟论坛
The time now is 2026-10-10 23:15
47,815 topics / 349,922 posts / today 2 new / 48,285 members
GRUB4DOS、SYSLINUX及其它启动管理软件讨论专区 » Try to transplant grldr.mbr to RomOS and write it into Bios
Printable Version  64,594 / 52
Floor16 wang6610 Posted 2007-10-29 11:44
银牌会员 Posts 488 Credits 1,246
You should first modify the img and then compile the bin.

[ Last edited by wang6610 on 2007-10-29 at 01:51 PM ]
Floor17 fastslz Posted 2007-10-29 14:41
铂金会员 Posts 2,315 Credits 5,493 From 上海
I first modified the img by writing grub4dos mbr to the img, then put grldr.mbr in it. This method simply cannot boot grldr.mbr (including renaming grldr.mbr to grldr). I saw online that someone used AVLDR to boot GNU grub, and this GNU grub find - default path is completely different. Really depressing... There’s no reason grldr can’t boot.

[ Last edited by fastslz on 2007-10-29 at 02:42 PM ]
Floor18 429499381 Posted 2007-12-12 22:28
中级用户 Posts 202 Credits 452
Looking forward to your success. I only wrote DOS into it before, but didn’t succeed, and when experimenting

I was very careless and flashed the wrong file. I also didn’t have a floppy drive, so the result was I couldn’t get online at home for several days,
Floor19 wang6610 Posted 2007-12-13 00:52
银牌会员 Posts 488 Credits 1,246
Made by uleak:

Usable grldr.mbr ROM


http://www.znpc.net/bbs/attachment.php?aid=1599

[ Last edited by wang6610 on 2007-12-13 at 01:55 AM ]
Floor20 fastslz Posted 2007-12-13 11:06
铂金会员 Posts 2,315 Credits 5,493 From 上海
To: 429499381
Be careful when flashing bios. Also, I found here that CBROM bios.bin /isa romos.bin D000:0 will give a black screen; I can only use CBROM bios.bin /isa romos.bin to write the bios file
To: wang6610
I found that the one made by uleak uses romos version 1.0. After 9,168 bytes it uses DFOS, and romos.bin is only 24.0KB

Welcome to DFOS


DFOS>
Paused, press any key to continue...
Initalising Interrupt handler
Found
No 386 CPU found.
386 or above CPU found.
DFOS version: 0.04b
A DFTECH product
Author: Daniel Rowell Faulkner
DFOS: DF-DOS prototype pre 0.1 (0.04b)
Help - command list:
about
help
ver
reboot
cls
exist <file>
run <file>
echo <Text>
ls/dir
Floor21 uleak Posted 2007-12-13 12:59
初级用户 Posts 15 Credits 40
Floor22 429499381 Posted 2007-12-13 13:59
中级用户 Posts 202 Credits 452
My goal is to make my motherboard support USB flash drive booting, but my BIOS does not support USB booting

There are now three solutions:

1: Flash DOS into it, then load the USB2.0 driver from the hard disk, and finally boot the things on the USB flash drive

2: Directly flash the USB boot files into the BIOS, to achieve booting from usb

3: This is the goal you are trying to achieve now: flash GRUB into the BIOS, put menu.lst on the hard disk, and

achieve USB flash drive booting

The second method is the most convenient, but it seems very difficult. I’ve seen this article; I don’t know who has succeeded. After my motherboard

is fixed, I will definitely experiment again

The third method is also good; I also don’t know whether it will let my USB flash drive boot successfully by then

[ Last edited by 429499381 on 2007-12-13 at 02:00 PM ]
Floor23 uleak Posted 2007-12-13 17:58
初级用户 Posts 15 Credits 40
Floor24 fastslz Posted 2007-12-13 18:27
铂金会员 Posts 2,315 Credits 5,493 From 上海
It turned out to be a pci Rom, and I was still using /isa to write bios.bin. No wonder it black-screened. Luckily I have 3 spare 32-pin chips, but unfortunately the network card doesn’t support it.

to: 429499381 Next time you do an experiment, private message me. I’ll help you test it first. If your motherboard can’t be repaired outside, contact me then
Floor25 fastslz Posted 2007-12-13 18:35
铂金会员 Posts 2,315 Credits 5,493 From 上海
Originally posted by uleak at 2007-12-13 17:58:
winpe? yes, dos->hmload.exe load iso from usb disk, grub loads it

Correct answer, I’ve seen discussion here
Floor26 429499381 Posted 2007-12-15 13:31
中级用户 Posts 202 Credits 452
1: Which file should I flash into the BIOS?? Is the file made by uleak more suitable for my requirements?

2: For the file made by uleak, should I use cbrom /pci romos.bin awardbios.bin
or use cbrom /ISA romos.bin awardbios.bin

3: TO: fastslz
Thank you for your enthusiasm. I think it probably won’t be so bad that it can’t be repaired outside (getting severely ripped off is certain) :)

If it succeeds, I will definitely make a detailed post, so that other newbies can also enjoy the fruits of the experts’ labor!!

Note: I am also very newbie
Floor27 429499381 Posted 2007-12-15 13:44
中级用户 Posts 202 Credits 452
When I was flashing the BIOS, under DOS it always wouldn’t let me flash it, and I don’t know why??

Later I used @BIOS under WINDOWS and it went very smoothly. I just went to BIOS House and saw an article,

I think it’s because my chip is 4M, while the downloaded file is 2M, so it prompts that the file does not match

(Under DOS, I also can’t understand that English very well!!)

So a reminder to newbies: when playing with this, failures and confusion are common. You must persist; there is more than one method!

http://www.bios.net.cn//bbs/viewthread.php?tid=120&extra=page%3D1
Floor28 wang6610 Posted 2007-12-15 14:56
银牌会员 Posts 488 Credits 1,246
Originally posted by 429499381 at 2007-12-15 01:44 PM:
When I was flashing the BIOS, under DOS it always wouldn’t let me flash it, and I don’t know why??

Later I used @BIOS under WINDOWS and it went very smoothly. I just went to BIOS House and saw an article,

I think it’s because my chip ...



Got it working, right..................
Floor29 fastslz Posted 2007-12-15 15:10
铂金会员 Posts 2,315 Credits 5,493 From 上海
Floor30 429499381 Posted 2007-12-16 13:37
中级用户 Posts 202 Credits 452
My computer still hasn’t been repaired. Only after it’s repaired will I have a chance to experiment!!!

I estimate it will succeed; at least it should be able to boot DOS!!


The EXE generated by this Chinese-localized edition you posted is so amazing :)

[ Last edited by 429499381 on 2007-12-16 at 02:01 PM ]
Prev  1 2 3 4  Next
[ Contact the Union admin team - 中国DOS联盟 - Standard version ]
Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023