![]() |
China DOS Union-- Unite DOS · Advance DOS · Grow DOS --Union site: www.cn-dos.net Forum site: www.cn-dos.net/forum |
| Guest | Log in | Register | Members | Search | China DOS Union |
|
中国DOS联盟论坛 The time now is 2026-10-11 01:23 |
47,815 topics / 349,922 posts / today 2 new / 48,285 members |
| GRUB4DOS、SYSLINUX及其它启动管理软件讨论专区 » Questions about installing GRUB on a USB flash drive! |
| Printable Version 7,058 / 21 |
| Floor16 不点 | Posted 2004-06-20 00:00 |
| 银牌会员 Posts 1,115 Credits 2,491 | |
|
It's a pity that I don't have a motherboard with a bootable USB. Please use programs like debug to debug and see where the error exactly is?
|
|
| Floor17 newdos11 | Posted 2004-06-20 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 32 Credits 186 | |
The following is the speech of Budian on June 20, 2004 at 01:56:01 AM: At that time, I didn't use USB to boot the system, and I unplugged all USB - related things from the computer. I just loaded the USB driver in CONFIG.SYS. When I didn't load it, GRUB could run normally. When I loaded it, once I ran GRUB.EXE, the hard disk light would be on all the time, then the screen would be black and the computer would crash. I loaded the USB driver with device = DUSE.EXE MEMPOOL = 1 XFERSIZE = 4. It seems that there is a conflict between GRUB FOR DOS and DUSE.EXE. |
|
| Floor18 newdos11 | Posted 2004-06-20 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 32 Credits 186 | |
|
I copied bootgrub to the USB drive, then modified GRLDR, changing "(hd0,0)/boot/grub/menu.lst" to "(fd0)/menu.lst", and copied GRLDR and menu.lst to the root directory of the USB drive. When I boot with this USB drive, GRUB can read the GRLDR file, but still cannot find menu.lst on my USB drive. It is placed in the root directory of the USB drive. Why can it read GRLDR but not menu.lst? (Note: I can be sure that GRUB found GRLDR because when I delete this file, it shows "NO GRLDR" when booting.)
|
|
| Floor19 不点 | Posted 2004-06-20 00:00 |
| 银牌会员 Posts 1,115 Credits 2,491 | |
|
Thank you for the detailed bug report related to USB. Regarding the bugs related to GNU GRUB, I have no plan to fix them. But for those related to grub for dos, I will try my best to fix them. However, I would like to inform you that I don't have much time recently, as I have a lot of things to deal with. I will keep these bugs in mind but will fix them when I have time later.
============= What you just said, "importing bootgrub into the USB flash drive", how did you import it? Is your USB flash drive in FAT12/16/32 format? If it is not in FAT12/16/32 format, then this situation is not a bug. |
|
| Floor20 newdos11 | Posted 2004-06-21 00:00 |
| 初级用户 Posts 32 Credits 186 | |
|
I saw your previous old post, and I followed the method you taught to import:
The following is a quote from Buddy at 10:09:37 AM on March 6, 2004: Since I can read the GRLDR on my USB flash drive, it proves that your program is okay. The key problem is that GNU GRUB cannot find the files on my USB flash drive. This should be a bug of GNU GRUB, actually the format of my USB flash drive is very simple, it is definitely FAT16, and it can install any operating system that recognizes FAT16. Now I have MSDOS710, MINI98 and many useful software installed on the USB flash drive, which only takes about 15MB of space, which is much better than a 1.44MB boot disk. But after all, MSDOS710 is not perfect, so I want to install multi-boot on the USB flash drive. Now I still use GRUB FOR DOS. Although I need to copy some files to the hard disk to use it, I can write an automatic batch. For me, GRUB is still very convenient and practical. When I boot from the USB flash drive, I don't use the USB driver. At this time, I can use GRUB, but when I boot in other ways, I generally load the USB driver (DUSE is plug-and-play supported, very convenient), so it's really a pity that I can't use GRUB. |
|
| Floor21 zenkibobo | Posted 2006-09-20 07:40 |
| 初级用户 Posts 9 Credits 21 | |
|
I'm also trying this.. How can I put all files on the USB flash drive to execute???? (That MENU.LST)
|
|
| Floor22 terse | Posted 2006-09-21 07:40 |
| 银牌会员 Posts 946 Credits 2,404 | |
|
My machine is U disk booted and the U disk is formatted as USB-ZIP. It can't boot when formatted as USB-HHD. What's the matter? Also, I also want to install GRUB on the U disk. I've failed many times!郁闷! And I installed MSDOS710 and some self - made files on the U disk like the building owner. Can the building owner tell me how you installed GRUB? Installing GRUB just wants to DIY the menu! Nothing else, hehe!
|
|
| Prev 1 2 |
|
[ Contact the Union admin team -
中国DOS联盟 -
Standard version ] Sponsored by ifanr Inc | © 2001–2023 |